No liveblog tonight, as real-life work is pressing. I’ll post a forecast later tonight and Twitter sentiment. Comments and spoilers after the jump.
- Shocking, absolutely shocking, that Quentin was not voted in. That’s a once or twice in a hundred result.
- Fox has given up on the show. Abbreviated pre-taped shows, with nearly non-existent judges reviews, and doing two voting shows in a single week. What the hell are they thinking?
Results and individual performance thoughts and list of thoughts:
- Sarina-Joi – After two stand-out performances, this was fairly bad. Likely a combination of her being unable to hear the band and the song being bland.
- Rayvon – Again, this was poor. One note at the end does not a good performance make.
- Daniel – This kid can go to hell.
- Maddie – NB: I reviewed the footage, and I stand by my defense of Janelle Arthur. As to Maddie, I liked her tonight. One of the best, very pretty.
- Tyanna – Fine.
- Nick – Very good. Unfair to critique him on the song choice since they were forced to sing their audition song.
- Jax – The top of that performance was superb. After the band came in it was karaoke.
- Qaasim – Terrific.
- Clark – One bum note at the end marred an almost flawless rendition.
- Joey – I liked it, I didn’t love it. AND THAT INSTRUMENT IS A UKELELE NOT A MANDOLIN
- Quentin (wild card) – As I said, shocking that he wasn’t voted in. Obvious choice for the judges. I liked his version of Royals ok, he changed enough to be a bit interesting.
- Adanna (wild card) – This was a mess. Barely better than Daniel.
Subjective call: Daniel goes home.